Dell Technologies has announced the addition of several new features to its suite of security solutions targeting supply chain and servers in both hardware and software.
On top of the Dell Secure Development Lifecycle, the new stack of protective measures will take care of customer’s need for a highly secured working environment such as anti-tampering seals applied to devices and shipment boxes and data sanitization services that guarantee a completely clean hard drive to be used for confidential data storage.
For the server hardware, the Dell EMC PowerEdge servers now come with Secured Component Verification which is a cryptographical hardware validation process. Built upon a cyber-resilient architecture, including a well-established Silicon Root of Trust, customers can rest assured that every single component of Dell EMC PowerEdge is clean and ready to serve its high-performance computing prowess.
In case customers decide to retire its infrastructure, Dell Technologies also provides the same service to safely and completely wipe company assets and data to make sure none of them gets leaked out.
Secure infrastructure with customization, automation, and intelligence
For the software side, Dell Technologies also have several ways to protect its server. With the PowerEdge UEFI Secure Boot Customization, server admins can customize the booting process to reduce the risk of external threats through the exploitation of the default boot sequence. With a flip of a switch through the Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), the entire architecture can be locked down or lifted without the need to reboot. The latest iteration, iDRAC9 has even more extended capabilities such as:
- Offers stronger security controls with multi-factor authentication
- Enables Dell EMC OpenManage Ansible Modules to automate important PowerEdge security workflows such as user privilege configuration and data storage encryption
- Allows customers to manage iDRAC certificates via Redfish APIs for easy access scripting and to automate secure erase scripting across servers
The latest security solutions will become available respectively at the listed period down below.
- Dell SafeSupply Chain – Now available in the U.S. for commercial PCs
- Dell Technologies Secured Component Verification on PowerEdge Servers – Available before the end of 2020
- Dell EMC Data Sanitization for Enterprise and Data Destruction for Enterprise Services – Now available
- Dell EMC Keep Your Hard Drive for Enterprise and Keep Your Component for Enterprise Services – Now available.
- Dell Technologies PowerEdge UEFI Secure Boot Customization – Now available.
- iDRAC9 – Available before the end of 2020
- Dell EMC OpenManage Ansible Modules – Available starting January 31, 2021.