- Page 1: Introduction
- Page 2: Design
- Page 3: Connectivity & Ports
- Page 4: Display
- Page 5: Cameras
- Page 6: Software - Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.1.0
- Page 7: Performance & Gaming
- Page 8: Battery & Charger
- Page 9: Wrapping up the Huawei P30 review
Performance & Gaming
For the Malaysian variant of the Huawei P30, we only have one for sale and the specs are as follows:
- 6.1-inch 2340×1080 pixels in resolution
- Waterdrop notch
- HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB internal storage (expandable via NM card)
- 3,650mAh battery with 22.5W Huawei SuperCharge
- Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.6
Let’s take a look at the benchmarks here. We’ll be skipping the performance mode benchmarks because – once again – it is literally the same result as the Huawei Mate 20 Pro that we reviewed here.
In terms of its specs, the Kirin 980 is definitely the poorest among the latest flagships in benchmarks.
Obviously, there is no issue here as well. We tried Honkai Impact 3 with the highest graphical setting with HD assets and it runs smoothly.
Same goes to Asphalt 9 too. Everything is smooth and there is some anti-aliasing, hence the relative smoothness of the car.
Then comes PUBG Mobile. Once again, smooth at the highest level of graphical settings with anti-aliasing and shadows enabled. Pretty good.