This is by far the most extensive gesture that any company has put up to those who are in need. If you are affected by the flood in Penang or Kedah and you have Samsung products at home, then fret not – give them a call and Samsung will come and fix them for free. Yes – free. This is a very wholesome gesture from Samsung Malaysia Electronics for the sake of flood relief. Of course, there are terms and conditions.
From now until 31st December 2017, selected Samsung Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah will attend to the repairs of damaged Samsung products caused directly by the flood. For repair services of In-Home Products (television above 32-inch, washing machine, refrigerator, and air conditioner), customers are first required to call Samsung care-line at 1800-22-8899 (for mobile devices) or 1800-88-9999 (for other products) to book an appointment. Samsung authorized technicians will subsequently make house visits to carry out an inspection on the affected products.
For Carry In Products (mobile devices, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven, air purifier, television below 29-inch, and audio home systems), customers are required to send in their affected Samsung products to the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang or Kedah, where Samsung authorised technicians will then attend to the repair request on the damaged product. Operating days and hours of the selected authorized Samsung Service Centres may vary for different outlets.
Flood Relief Campaign Terms and Conditions
- This Offer is valid from 8th November 2017 until 31st December 2017. Free repair services offered are not exchangeable and non-refundable for cash. This Offer is not valid with other on-going promotions.
- This Offer covers cleaning, inspection and repair services on the affected Samsung products. Repairs are subject to availability of spare parts.
- Free repairs are only applicable for any damages on Samsung products caused directly by the floods and are owned by residents at the Flood Affected Areas (as defined below). Not applicable for any accidental physical damage due to mishandling, e.g. cracked screen and/or product damaged outside the Flood Affected Areas.
- This Offer is valid only for the following areas affected by the recent flooding in Penang and Kedah (“Flood Affected Areas”). Other areas affected by the flood may be informed by Samsung from time to time. (We’ll keep this post updated! 😉 )
- Penang: Pulau Tikus, George Town, Bayan Lepas, Batu Ferringhi, Sungai Puyu, Balik Pulau, Bukit Mertajam, Butterworth, and Juru.
- Kedah: Kampung Masjid
- Cleaning, inspection and repair services will be arranged based on the availability of the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah.
For more information on this campaign and the full terms and conditions, please call Samsung toll-free care-line stated below or visit news.samsung.com/my/samsung-offers-flood-relief-for-penang-customers
- 1 800-22-8899 (For mobile devices)
- 1 800-88-9999 (For other products)
For more details on the in-warranty/out-warranty repair and categorisation of In-Home (IH) and Carry In (CI) products, please refer to www.samsung.com/my/support/warranty/.
For more details on the location of the authorised Samsung Service Centres, please visit www.samsung.com/my/support/servicelocation/.