Just when dual-lens smartphone cameras are getting more and more common in the market, TCL decided that they’re gonna take it up a notch. Of course, it’s still in its testing phase, but it was leaked in China’s TENAA listing recently, dubbed as the TCL 598.
In terms of specs, it’s been pretty clearly listed in the TENAA listing as well. Here’s a brief rundown on the specs.
- 13MP + 13MP rear-facing camera
- 8MP + 5MP front-facing camera
- 5.5-inch 1080p IPS screen
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Helio X20 chipset with 10-core CPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB storage; also microSD card slot. Not sure if it’s a combo-SIM slot
- 3,030mAh battery
This TCL 598 actually packs quite some amazing specs to begin with, at least on paper. We don’t really know how the two pairs of cameras perform, and we’ll have to wait for its official release to know. Till then, all we know is that the TCL 598 bears TCL’s own branding – not Flash or Alcatel. Maybe it’s just a placeholder – we’ll know sooner or later.