It’s during Canon’s auspicious lunch is when they announced the arrival of the brand new Canon EOS RP all of a sudden. It caught us all by susprise as the camera was just launched globally minutes before the local announcement. And we got to see the camera with our own eyes too.
The brand new Canon EOS RP is the second member in Canon’s new EOS R series of cameras.
As for the specs of the Canon EOS RP, here are they:
- 24.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 485g weight (body only)
- DIGIC 8 ISP
- ISO range: 100-40000; expandable to 50-102400
- Continuous shot
- 5fps in one shot AF
- 4fps in servo AF
- 4K 24fps maximum video capability
- 4779 available AF positions; 143 AF area divisions in auto AF mode
- Has WiFi and Bluetooth
- 3-inch vari-angle touch panel display
- LP-E17 battery
In terms of I/O ports, the Canon EOS RP does come with a rather wide selection of them as well. Video shooters will be pleased to see that it does have a headphone jack for audio monitoring as well. Also, it uses USB-C for data transfer.
The Canon EOS RP is available by the end of this month in the Malaysian market. For the body alone, it is priced at RM5,999. You can also get the EOS RP bundled with a 24-105mm lens, which is priced at RM10,999.
Canon also launched 6 more lenses with the new RF mount to go along with the new Canon EOS RP camera. Here are the list of new camera lenses:
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
There are still no official pricing or availability date of these lenses as of now but we expect them to come some time soon.
Like our Facebook Page here at NasiLemakTech.com for more news and in-depth reviews! Also, join our Facebook Group for insightful information and memes!