A few years ago, we had the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme tablet. Yes, that was a thing, as we have covered here 4 years ago. Now, it’s 2019 and Dell is bringing in the latest device in the ultradurable series – the Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme tablet.
I personally don’t know what to say about this tablet. It’s an overly engineered tablet that is built to withstand all sorts of extreme environments – ranging from the factory floor to ambulances, desert sandstorms to Arctic conditions. From soft to surface and extreme temperatures, the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme is made to handle them all.
Since it is made to cater for outdoor use, this 12-inch tablet also has a 1,000 nit brightness display with 1080p resolution, anti-glare coating, anti-smudge coating, and has a touchscreen that is also glove-responsive.
There are a few key highlight points about the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme – such as:
- Performance on-the-go: Comes with an option of up to an Intel Core i7-8665U processor, 16GB LPDDR3 RAM, and also 2GB of PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe SSD.
- Reliability and safety in extreme environments – The tablet has passed MIL-STD-810G/H testing and is also IP65 rated for protection against dust, dirt and water ingress, along with hazardous location Class 1 Div 2 certifications. Drop tested from ~1.2 meters and tested to withstand -29°C to 63°C.
- Zero downtime – Dual hot-swappable battery to allow zero downtime in case one battery goes down and needs to be swapped for a fresh one.
- Always connected – Comes with WiFi-6, global 4G/LTE band support, and assignable RF pass-through options for WWAN, WLAN and GPS mean users can easily stay connected wherever they are.
- Integrated security features – A built-in infrared camera with Windows Hello facial recognition for easy login. Optional fingerprint, contactless and contacted smartcard readers are available.
- Easy integration – Compatible with most existing Latitude Rugged Extreme tablet vehicle and desk docks and previous generation accessories.
- Support services designed to make unplanned downtime a thing of the past – Dell Pro Support Plus service options include 24/7 access to the most experienced Dell technicians and same or next business day onsite repair after remote diagnosis.
The new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet will be available in Malaysia in early December 2019, with pricing to be announced later. To learn more about Dell’s Rugged series of products, click here.