The highly anticipated Xiaomi Mi 9 is finally here – and the price is amazing. The latest flagship from Xiaomi now comes with the Snapdragon 855, and yet its price is still as fantastic as ever.
Of course, let’s just talk about the specs of the Mi 9 since that is the most essential part of the Mi 9’s value proposition. For the Malaysian variants, we have:
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with 2340×1080 pixels in resolution
- Waterdrop notch
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset
- 1x 2.84GHz Kryo 485
- 3x 2.42GHz Kryo 485
- 4x 1.8GHz Kryo 485
- Adreno 640 GPU with 384 ALUs
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage (no microSD)
- Triple rear-facing cameras
- Main: 48MP f/1.8 with laser AF & PDAF
- Ultrawide: 16MP f/2.2 with laser AF & PDAF
- 2x telephoto: 12MP f/2.2 with laser AF & PDAF
- 20MP f/2.0 selfie camera
- 3,300mAh battery with 27W QuickCharge 4+ support
With that said, the Mi 9 also comes with a few more features that are not listed in the specs. Take for example – the under-display fingerprint scanner. Xiaomi is keeping up with the trend and including an optical fingerprint scanner here too.
Then obviously is the smaller notch. I give Xiaomi a big thumbs up for using this tiny little notch design and gone are the days with the humongous notch a la the Pocophone F1. The display is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
My true surprise is how much performance this phone packs even with such a low price. Keeping up with Xiaomi’s “honest pricing” strategy, Xiaomi can indeed appeal to many users out there. It comes in a few variants, and are the prices:
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – RM1,699 (exclusively on Lazada on 6th April onward)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – RM1,999 (first 1,000 pre-orders get free 20W wireless charger)
The Mi 9 will be available in in Piano Black and Ocean Blue with the Lavender color option coming later.
Also, 6th April is the Mi Fan Festival! Be sure to check out on Lazada for more deals!